Monday, November 14, 2011

Other work

Recent life sized bust
The "Chimney Sweeper"
I took a recent trip up north with my friend to visit her parents, hometown, and to paint outdoors. It's something I really want to do more often but this was only the third time I've been out to paint. Viroqua, Wisconsin is full of photogenic scenery that is just sitting (literally) there waiting to be painted. It started to rain and I didn't bring an umbrella but I was not about to give up an hour in so I stood my ground and got soaked. Good thing oil repels water somewhat.
Previous day from the above painting during the 5:30 a.m. sunrise. I only had about 30 minutes max to get most of the sunrise before the blood red sunrise was gone.
Hand studies of myself, my sister, and my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment